(Frey Freyday is simply a bunch of inspirational, motivational and other quotes meant to make you think, reflect, smile, even laugh a bit. Hopefully helpful, useful stuff….)
People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar. Thich Nhat Hanh
We can’t solve modern problems by going back in time. Retreating to the safety of the familiar is an understandable response, but God has called us to a life of faith. And faith requires us to face the unknown while trusting Him completely. Charles R. Swindoll
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it. Max Planck
Your life changes the moment you make a new, congruent, and committed decision.” – Tony Robbins
It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power. Alan Cohen
WORD TO LIVE BY:
Familiar Zone – We’ve all heard of the comfort zone. The Familiar Zone is different. Example: “I am familiar with my situation but it isn’t comfortable.”
We humans become familiar with our situation and we resist change. We may be in a situation, relationship, whatever that is familiar to us but we’re not comfortable in it. Many of us have been/are in a familiar paycheck-to-paycheck routine that is familiar but uncomfortable, even unpleasant. Yet it is sometimes tough to break away from the familiarity.
- First, we have to have some self-awareness and realize it.
- We need to get clear on the next move. It doesn’t have to be perfect, it won’t be your last move, but you absolutely have to make a move, even a small step. Make your move BEFORE you’re ready.
- Ask better questions. Successful people ask better questions. Simply interrupting your familiar patterns, questions, and self talk, you can change perspective, change thoughts, change your momentum significantly. Think about the questions you say/ask yourself now, and then try to improve or change those questions to more empowering questions that lead you in the right direction.
- Believe in yourself, you are worth it, you are enough, you deserve it, and you have all you need in you now.
- The unfamiliar is sometimes intimidating but it also offers new adventures, fun things, new people, more opportunities, growth, rewards and a new you.
Frey Freyday was actually born out of something I created called “Words To Live By” (WTLB). Going forward, I will now not only share the quotes, as you may be used to receiving, but also a related (WTLB). In 1999, when we had our first daughter, I was contemplating how I would raise my new beautiful child, and I was thinking about how I can best educate her and my other children about values, morals, and other key thoughts about life. School offers education. Religion offers some values and morals. Parents offer most of it, sometimes intentionally, sometimes accidentally.
So I created a (WTLB) book, like a dictionary, which lists things like honesty, love, persistence, etc. with a definition that I created, with my wife’s input. I then turned it into a workbook with one word per page and space below for notes. For years we would discuss with my two daughters and they would draw pictures and make notes in the blank space. I may share some of those images with you. As they got older, they were less inclined to draw and more open to quotes and references from adults, hence where Frey Freyday came from….
You can read more at www.onewebstrategy.com