He provides insights and great stories from his ‘journey’ in life and across the country.
I am happy that people just read my blog, let alone comment on it. To receive a nomination is even better!
I have to follow some rules governing this blog award. Those who will be nominated must also follow such rules.
- First is to accept the award, post the picture of the Liebster Award on the top of post and say who nominated you for the award and list their blog site.
- Rule number 1 is to list 11 random facts about me.
- Rule number 2 is to nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award and list their blogsites.
- Rule number 3 is to notify the bloggers of their award.
- Rule number 4 is to ask the award winners 11 questions to answer when they accept their Liebster Award.
- Rule number 5 is you don’t talk about the Liebster Award.
- Rule number 6 you realize I just made up rule number 5 and 6 to be funny and you hopefully get the reference and laugh.
- Rule number 7 is I answer the questions left for me by the blogger who gave me the award.
Eleven interesting facts about me:
- I worked much of my life for a nice big house, now that I have it, I really don’t care for it.
- I hugged a billionaire.
- I actually flew a plane solo before I had my driver’s license and drove a car (legally) solo. (I wanted to be a fighter pilot)
- I would love to have my home, an apartment in the heart of a city, and a cabin on a lake/river.
- I am good at listening.
- Years ago, I wanted to be an actor and auditioned for a few roles/parts before I understood that I needed to have theater experience and some union membership, etc.
- I like to cook with my wife when we have time on weekends and on vacations.
- If I had the choice to either teleport or fly, I would teleport.
- I used to work at the ‘sweet treats’ at an amusement park making cotton candy, popcorn, and candy apples. I couldn’t make cotton candy well, it was more of a heavy ‘cotton crunch’…and I burnt my leg on the hot molten candy apple stuff, so I was ordered not to make either any more (which was actually a good thing).
- I don’t like the blue stuff on white walls.
- I’m pretty sure I’ll be famous someday soon.
11 questions I provided answers to:
- Would you rather teleport or fly? And why? (I ask everyone this ha.) TELEPORT! (see the movie “Jumper”)
- You’re handed a plane ticket that leaves in the next hour. Where is it going and what one thing do you pack with you? Jackson Hole, a good book
- On the way to the airport, you find another ticket on the ground. Who do you take with you or who do you give the ticket to? My wife
- What is one quote that changed your path in life? Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.
- Have you read Rilke’s first letter in the book Letters to a Young Poet? If not, as a writer and creative, you should read the first letter, then get back to me with your insights. I never read them until today. Good advice. Stephen King once said that you first ‘write with the door closed’….and many writers have said that you have to write for yourself…if you are true to yourself it will resonate with someone – and if it doesn’t, who cares – we must be our own critics and generally ignore others. Good advice. Just be better than we were….and becareful comparing yourself to others!
- Do you enjoy the song, “Boogie Wonderland” by Earth, Wind and Fire? Well you should. This song gets anyone in a good mood. Give it a listen:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jLGa4X5H2c YES, it makes me smile and think or years gone by….
- Do you focus more on your mind or on your soul? Watch Jill’s TED Talk.http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html …Probably more on my mind but I am moving more towards the soul….
- Would you rather live in the country side or in the city? Country side….I do now…
- What is one book you recommend to others in need of a jump start to life? Victor Frankl’s Man’s Search For Meaning – 2 reasons – we need to search for meaning and we need to realize that our ‘problems’ really aren’t problems – especially compared to the likes of Mr. Frankl and others…
- What time of day do you do most of your writing? Mid-morning
- Finish this sentence: “In order to be less fearful of what others think about me, I…” (what you would do, say, think, etc.) I get into a good state of mind, I ask good questions, I ask ‘why’ I am doing ‘it’, and I ask what it is that I am grateful for….
11 questions for you to answer
- What is the most memorable event in your life?
- Why did you do your job or career?
- What makes you laugh?
- What superhero would you choose to be?
- You have a chance to talk to someone that has passed away…who would you talk to and what would you say?
- If you could manifest one thing right now, what would it be?
- What helped you bounce back from one of life’s challenges?
- What one thing are you most grateful for?
- Do you have any idea how much money/savings you need to retire?
- Who has most inspired you for the better in your life?
- If you could donate $1 million to any charity, what would it be?
11 sites that I nominate
I have notified the authors I have chosen for the award as well, and they can answer the following questions however they wish. Congrats all. I chose your blogs because your writings have impacted me and offered me light at some point on my journey.
Thanks, Jim www.onewebstrategy.com