After my last post about Habits, two people asked what sorts of things I say/repeat/do each day.
IN honor of my daughter’s birthday, I also wanted to dedicate this to her. She is one of those people who just plug away at things and never seem to complain. She may have a bunch of homework that is daunting and difficult. She just starts the work and keeps on moving until done. She has a great work ethic. I often try to emulate her work ethic in regards to my habits….just face the day, go through all the good habits, affirmations, exercises, be consistent and keep moving ahead. We can learn a lot from our kids! Happy Birthday!
First, I think different things work for different people. Second, my stuff evolves and changes all the time.
I have a little notebook that I carry around. Too often I don’t open it. But more and more I do open it and I must confess, there have been some days that have not been going well and I’m upset, tense, negative, whatever – I open it up and I take the time and I almost always feel better. The world doesn’t change and my problems are still there but I face them in a better state of mind.
The first thing I read in that notebook is a vision – thinking from the end. In the vision I’m sitting on the veranda of a beach house. Inside the beach house are loved ones. We’re there to have a good time. I am reflecting by myself on the veranda how fast things have changed for the better in my life. I am happy, I have lots of friends, I’ve laughed a lot, I have much more income each month, I have much more income than expenses, I am creatively fulfilled, and I am grateful for all of the above, etc. etc. (I have 2 other versions available that I sometimes use – one at my desk, one traveling with my family on one of our roadtrips)
Then there is a list of things that I found by Harv Eker. He wrote the Millionaire Mind stuff. Nothing earthshaking but they are quick thoughts on ways millionaires think differently than others. Frankly, I don’t even think it has to be millionaires – it is more of a mindset whether you want to be responsible, accountable and take action in life or blame others/circumstances, and sit back and wait/complain. A few examples : “rich people are committed to be rich, poor people want to be rich. Rich people believe “I create my life”, poor people believe “life happens to me.””
I try to review a list of things for which I am grateful for. Gratitude really helps anytime!
Then I have a bunch of affirmations and ideas that I’ve written down. As I mentioned, two people asked me to share these thoughts, so here are some. I hope they help you.
- The world is out to help me and do me good. I see little and big things that fall in my lap, that bring me good luck, each and every day.
- I celebrate that I am alive and well.
- I am so very thankful for being employed, receiving income, and earning lots more money than I spend.
- I am so grateful for the opportunity to go out each day, help people, earn more and more money, share ideas, contribute, and be creatively fulfilled.
- I take time each day to meditate, reflect, and pray.
- I am so grateful for my wife, for my two daughters, for my good health, and for all the loved ones in my life. I am grateful for our safety, the laughter we share, the support and love that I feel each day. I am thankful for our home, the beauty that surrounds us, and the people in our lives. I am grateful for all the surprises and new people I run into each and everyday. New things bring fun, opportunity, and good luck.
- I ask myself, what would the person that I most want to be like do in this moment? How would that person act/think/feel?
- There is always a way. I always find a way. There’s a lot I can do to make more money/
- The world is conspiring to bring me good things each day!
- What can I do or say to make people in my life feel special? To feel more important? To feel loved or cared for?
- Things have already begun to change for the better. I can see that my past and current actions are compounding and results are beginning to show for the better now!
- I enjoy the moment, I live in the present and I live life each day, right now. I engage others and I dig for what is important to them.
- I control my destiny. My self worth is based on my and my own thoughts. My future is unwritten, the past means nothing. I control and use my emotions.
- Good things often happen in my life that seem magical – like miracles. I am blessed with little miracles and big magic in my career, with my family and with my loved ones. I enjoy seeing what is coming today!
- I focus on what works. I focus on what I want and what actions I can take today.
- How can things get any better? What else is going right for me?
(the key to all of the above is to infuse emotion with it! Try it while exercising or just after exercise. AND/OR put on some upbeat music and get pumped!)
Tagged: abundance, business, focus, goal setting, goals., happiness, health, ideas, inspiration, life is good, manifest, motivation, onewebstrategy, self-help, strategies, success, think with the end in mind, vision, visualizing, wellness
Leave a Reply